Soil Solarization Program - for using transparent anti-condensation plastic film to
manage two soilborne plant pathogens: Phytophthora ramorum and Phytophthora pini,
developed for nursery beds.
Instructions - how to use the "SOLARIZE" soil solarization program
1. Select all options starting with species.
2. For Start Date, default is today.
3. For End Date, default is 50 days from today.
4. Select a prior year to be used as a forecast past the available 7-day
forecast (subject to available data; default is last year's data).
5. Locations currently limited to Western OR, WA, CA stations with solar
radiation data (RAWS, AGRIMET, AGWEATHERNET, and CIMIS networks).
NOTE: WSU AGWEATHERNET data is not available before 2015.
6. For Crushed Rock Depth, default is 0 inches (no crushed rock on surface of soil).
7. For Lower Boundary Temp. default is 80 Degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Click "RUN SOLARIZE MODEL" button to view graph results.
9. NOTE: NEW interactive charts: show data values, zoom, make PDFs, etc.
10. To re-run model just change settings and click button again.
11. If graphs are blank, try a different weather station.